To connect your child's Android device to Bark, please do the following:
- From the Bark website (https://www.bark.us) or parent app, click "+ Account" on the dashboard for the child you wish to connect
- Click the Android icon
3. Enter your child's phone number to receive a text message with further instructions
5. Click the link in the received text message to the Google play store to install Bark for Kids on the child's Android device
6. Once installed, open Bark for Kids and follow the on-screen instructions
7. Enable Bark Accessibility to monitor Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube (see screenshots)
8. The app will now be actively monitoring activity in the background
9. To adjust settings, including whether Bark uses WiFi or cellular data to monitor your child's Android device, please open the Bark for Kids app and click the settings icon (see images below)
If you are experiencing any issues with monitoring your child's Android device, please do the following:
Check for updates in the Google Play Store
- On your child's Android device, open the Google Play app and select the Menu (three dots)
- Select My Apps
- Scroll down to Bark for Kids and check for available updates
Reset Network Data
- From your child's Android device Home screen, go to: Apps > Settings > Backup & Reset.
- Tap Network Settings Reset.
- Tap Reset Settings. If prompted, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
- To confirm, tap Reset Settings.
Check your child's Settings
- On your child's Android device, go to Settings
- In the Assessibility section, select Clear background App
- Enable Whitelist
- Scroll down to the Bark app and select the check box