Bark for Schools offers our DNS web filter and Chrome extension web filter to schools for free, but there may be an occasion where removal of the filter becomes necessary:
- Changes to network configuration renders the filter invalid
- Clean slate policy wipe for new filters
- Discontinuing filter use
- Testing for network impact
**G Suite users, please see Section 2 for additional instructions on how to remove the Chrome web filter extension**
To get started with removing the filter, access your dashboard here:
On this screen, you'll see all filters that had been previously set up.
Within each window, you'll see an option to "delete this filter":
Once you click "Delete this filter" if you're on the DNS web filter, no additional steps are necessary.
Section 2 - Remove the Extension within G Suite
Log into your administrator-level account on G Suite.
From the main landing page, navigate to Device Management->Chrome Management->User Settings
- Navigate to Device Management on the Admin homepage:
2. Locate Chrome Management on the left-hand side:
3. Select User Settings:
4. Select the OU(s) that contain the students you wish to enable the extensions for - bear in mind that the top-level OU will force those related sub-OU's to inherit the extension.
5. Scroll down to locate Apps and Extensions and click on "Manage force-installed apps"
6. Click the "remove" option next to the custom extension for Bark (with random letters).
How do I reach the Bark team?
We have an incredible team behind the scenes here at Bark. For technical questions, we can be reached here.