As part of our mission to provide an all-encompassing solution to schools for free, we developed the Chrome web monitoring extension.
The Bark for Schools Chrome web monitoring extension enables schools to keep their students safe by monitoring school-issued Chromebooks for harmful or inappropriate content on website visits. (Web page titles, URL's, Searches)
In the event that the extension needs to be removed or disabled, you'll be able to do so by following this guide.
Log into your administrator-level account on G Suite.
From the main landing page, navigate to Device Management->Chrome Management->User Settings
- Navigate to Device Management on the Admin homepage:
2. Locate Chrome Management on the left-hand side:
3. Select User Settings:
4. Select the OU(s) that contain the students you wish to enable the extensions for - bear in mind that the top-level OU will force those related sub-OU's to inherit the extension.
5. Scroll down to locate Apps and Extensions and click on "Manage force-installed apps"
6. Click the "remove" option next to the "Bark for Chrome" extension.
If you have any questions about this feature or anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us!