Check-ins are a great addition to Bark to minimize the number of text messages we might exchange with our kids. Rather than a "did you get there?" or "are you there yet?" text, we can rely on a single-click location confirmation from our children to confirm to us that they've safely arrived at their destination. It can even give you Google Maps directions so that you can navigate to their location with step-by-step directions.
How do I request my child's location?
1. Open your Bark mobile app or log in to your Bark account on a web browser.
2. Scroll down your Dashboard to the appropriate child,
or Select "Check-Ins" in your account drop-down menu on the top right.
3. Click the "Request Check-in" button below the child's name.
This will send a push notification to the child's phone requesting they open the Bark for Kids app and check in.
4. Your child will then press this pink button on the Bark for Kids app to send you their location:
5. Bark will send you a notification of your child's location along with the option to get directions to that location via Google Maps. For more on this feature, check out this article.
Need help or have additional questions?
We are happy to assist! Reach out to Bark Support, and we'll help every step of the way.