To connect your child's Amazon device to Bark for monitoring, download the Bark for Kids Amazon app (link to Amazon app page) or search "Bark for Kids" in the app store and look for the Bark app with this icon:
If you downloaded the app from Amazon.com (not the app store):
- Make sure to log in to the Amazon account that your child's Amazon device is associated to
- Select your child's Amazon device under the "Deliver to" menu (make sure it's not being delivered to your own device)
- Open the Amazon app on your child's device
- Continue by following the steps below
If you downloaded the app from the app store (not directly from Amazon.com), you can start here:
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the Amazon app by clicking "Open Settings" when prompted
- If you accidentally did not click Open Settings when prompted, navigate to Settings then to Accessibility (see image below).
- Click on "Services" if they are not showing as "On"
4. Enable Bark by sliding the little dot over.
We need to make sure this setting is enabled in order to monitor social media accounts on the device like Instagram, Youtube, and internet browsing (see here for an exhaustive list of what we monitor on Amazon Fire tablets)
5. Hit the top left arrow twice to return to the first Settings page and navigate to "Location services"
6. Ensure Location services are enabled for Bark Check-In to work properly
7. The app will now be actively monitoring activity in the background
8. To adjust settings specific to the Bark for Kids app, have your child connect their accounts for monitoring, or use Check-In, open the Bark for Kids app and click the appropriate icon (see images below)
On Amazon Fire Tablets, Bark automatically monitors photos, videos, Snapchat private messages, Instagram direct messages and searches, YouTube views and searches, Musically chats, WhatsApp messages, Kik messages, and many installed apps (ie. we will alert you if your child downloads or uses a risky app on their device).
Need additional assistance?
If you have any questions about this or anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us!