STEP 1: Install the Bark for Kids app on your child’s Android device
- Tap the button below to download the Bark for Kids app – you should then be able to see it downloading, either on the top bar of your device or in the center.
Note: You may need to hold your finger on the download button below and select Download Link
If prompted, allow the Storage permission for your default browser in order to save this file to your Android device.
- Once it's downloaded, open the file from where you saved it (typically the device's Downloads app or folder), tap on the Bark-for-Kids.apk file, and tap Install.
STEP 2: Open Settings to Enable "Install Unknown Apps or Sources"
- After opening or attempting to install the file, a security prompt will likely appear, warning you about installing apps from "unknown sources."
- Tap on Settings > toggle on Downloads from Unknown Sources (or something similar that contains "Unknown Sources").
- Then hit the back navigation button to continue with the installation.
This is an example of the Unknown Sources option under Android Settings. If you're having trouble finding the setting on your child's device, we recommend just searching for "unknown" in your child's Android Settings and look for "Install unknown apps," as seen below:
You have now installed the Bark for Kids app!
Step 3: Open the Bark for Kids app
Look for the Bark for Kids app on the device's home screen or App Drawer with this icon:
Step 4: Sign in with your parent credentials
Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions to allow permissions and select "Open Settings" when prompted
Step 6: Navigate to Bark in the Accessibility settings and tap it
Step 7: Within the Bark menu in the Accessibility settings, toggle the switch for Bark to "On"
Step 8: Press "OK" on the following prompt
The app is now actively monitoring activities in the background!
Step 9: To test monitoring or adjust settings, including whether Bark uses Wi-Fi or cellular data to monitor your child's Android device, please open the Bark for Kids app and click the settings icon (see images below):
Step 10: Breathe!
You've done it! You will now be alerted about worrisome content like Cyberbullying, Sexual Content, Suicidal Ideation, and more on your child's texts, deleted texts, web browsing, and saved photos/videos.
Need additional assistance?
If you're having any issues with setting up your child's Android devices, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!