To connect your child's Android device to Bark, please do the following:
- From the Bark website (https://www.bark.us) or parent app, click "+ Connect Accounts" on the dashboard for the child you wish to connect.
- Click the Android icon
3. You'll be given an option to click on "Me" or "Remind Me". If you have your child's phone, you can click on "Me" and if not you can click on the other option for a reminder. Enter your child's phone number to receive a text message with further instructions
5. Click the link in the received text message to the Google play store to install the Bark for Kids app on the child's Android device
6. Once installed, open Bark for Kids and follow the on-screen instructions.
7. Enable Bark Accessibility to monitor text messages, certain social media, web searches etc.
8. Toggle the Accessibility switch for Bark to "on". Then click "OK".
9. The app will now be actively monitoring activity in the background!
10. To adjust settings, including whether Bark uses WiFi or cellular data to monitor your child's Android device, please open the Bark for Kids app and click the settings icon (see images below)
If you are experiencing any issues with monitoring your child's Android device, please do the following:
Check for updates in the Google Play Store
- On your child's Android device, open the Google Play app and select the Menu (three lines in the top right corner)
- Select My Apps & games
- Scroll down to Bark for Kids and check for available updates
Reset Network Data
- For most Samsung devices: Go to: Apps > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings and follow the prompts.
- For most other Android devices: Go to: Settings > Backup & Reset > Network Settings Reset and follow the prompts.
Check your child's Settings for the Accessibility
- On your child's Android device, go to Settings
- In the Accessibility section, you should see a list of apps under the "Services" section including Bark
- Make sure that Bark has "Enabled" next to it.
If you're having any issues with setting up your child's Android devices, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org