Yahoo requires specific settings to connection an email account to Bark:
STEP 1: Log in to your child's Yahoo email account
STEP 2: Go to Yahoo security settings
STEP 3: Ensure Two-Step Verification is enabled
STEP 4: Select "Generate app password" at the bottom of the page:
STEP 5: On the screen that pops up, select "Other App"
STEP 6: Input "Bark" as the name of that app:
STEP 7: Copy the password on the next pop up and paste it within the Bark password field for connecting to a Yahoo account:
NOTE: If you receive a "wrong username/password" error when attempting to connect your child's Yahoo email account to Bark, please follow these instructions:
- Log in to your child's Yahoo email account
- Check for an email with the subject "Sign in attempt prevented"
- Open that email and click the first link in the email (https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps)
- On the following page, please enable "allow apps that use less secure sign-in"
- After this, please retry connecting your child's Yahoo email account to Bark
Need additional assistance?
If you are still having trouble connecting a Yahoo email account, don't hesitate to reach out to us!