In this article, we'll discuss how to remove old iMazing/Bark backup files.
Not only will this help the new Bark Desktop App (version 5.0) function properly if you still have old iMazing files saved on your system, but also clear out valuable storage space on your computer!
Deleting old backup files through File Explorer
In order to delete old backups from your Windows PC, you will need to delete the backups manually from the folder they're saved to.
If you used the default backup location, the backups will be located here:
- C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\iMazing
- Example: C:\Users\Paola\AppData\Roaming\iMazing
STEP 1: Open your File Explorer and navigate to the backup location.
If you never adjusted your backup location, you can copy and paste the default backup location from above into the directory bar (seen below) and then press Enter.
If you had adjusted your backup location previously, manually type in the file folder your backups are located in into the directory bar (seen below) and then press Enter.
Confused? No worries, there's an easier method!
Navigate to the folder manually by following these steps:
- Click on This PC on the left-hand column.
- Double-click the (C:) drive that is usually called either OS (C:) or Windows (C:).
- Double-click on Users.
- Double-click on your PC username (for me, it'd be "Paola").
- Double-click on AppData.
(AppData not shown? Enable viewing hidden files by following the instructions here)
- Double-click on Roaming.
- Single-click the iMazing folder.
STEP 2: Delete the whole iMazing folder
To do so, right-click on the iMazing folder and select Delete.
STEP 3: Double-click on the Bark folder.
- Right-click on the Cache folder and select Delete.
- Right-click on the config.json file and select Delete.
- Is a Backups folder present?
If so, right-click on the Backups folder and select Delete. Otherwise, ignore this step.
STEP 4: Click the back arrow on the top left.
STEP 5: Double-click on the Apple Computer folder.
- Double-click on the MobileSync folder.
- Double-click on the Backup folder.
- Is an iMazing.Versions folder present?
If so, right-click on the iMazing.Versions folder and select Delete. Otherwise, ignore this step.
All set! This will clear your hard drive of the memory of those old backups.
If you deleted these backups because you were upgrading from our old iMazing process, click below to continue with the rest of the Bark Desktop 5.0 Upgrade guide!
NOTE: to truly free up the space on your hard drive, you will need to empty your Recycle Bin as well. You can find the Recycle Bin on your desktop.
Need additional assistance?
If you have any questions about this or anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us!