We completely understand that there are instances where you may not be concerned about certain things such as mild profanity for one child or jesting between your child and their friends, for example.
Read more about how our self-learning algorithms detect and alert on potential issues here.
STEP 1: Visit your Bark dashboard on your app or browser.
STEP 3: Adjust the sensitivity for each of your children's potential issue alerts by moving the slider to the left (Relaxed), middle (Moderate), or right (Strict).
We recommend starting with the strictest setting and then adjusting little by little to find what works best for you and your family.
- Adjusting sensitivity towards Only Most Severe will reduce the amount of issues Bark will alert you to - with potentially reducing alerts that may be considered false.
- Adjusting the sensitivity towards All Issues will increase the amount of issues Bark will alert you to.
- There are also options to adjust profanity, weapon, account activity, and ignored users.
That's it! Going forward, you will receive alerts according to the sensitivity setting shown for each child. You can adjust these settings per category and per child at any time!
NOTE: These sensitivity settings only apply to content monitoring. Your Screen Time rules and limits determine how and when Bark blocks certain apps or websites.
- Add a Parent or Guardian to Receive Alerts
- Text Alerts
- Ignoring potential issues from a certain contact (like family)
Need additional assistance?
If you have any questions about this feature or anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us!