The latest version of Mac (Mojave 10.14) is Apple's most secure version of Mac. This is great for keeping your computer secure but it may cause the Bark Desktop App from being able to open or access backups!
If you have updated your Mac to Mojave and are having trouble with the Bark Desktop App opening, you can follow these simple steps to give the app permissions on your Mac!
Step 1: Confirm that you are using Mojave on your Mac
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen
- Click on About This Mac. A pop-up will appear similar to the one below, telling you if you're on Mojave or another version of Mac:
Step 2: Open System Preferences
- After you've confirmed you are using Mojave, click on the Apple icon on the top left again
- Click on System Preferences
- Then open Security & Privacy settings, as indicated below:
Step 3: Adjust permissions settings for Bark
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Click on Full Disk Access This is where you add the Bark desktop app to the list of applications you give permission to work on your computer.
- Click on the lock at the bottom of the window and login with your Mac password to allow changes to be made
- Click the + sign to add Bark to the list
The Bark Desktop app will be able to open now!
Need additional assistance?
If you're still having any issues with the Bark Desktop App opening on your Mac, don't hesitate to reach out to us!