By launching the Parent Portal a district takes the crucial step of involving parents in the mission of keeping students safe on school technology, especially after hours and weekends.
Below is what the parent or guardian's journey will look like as they enable their Parent Portal.
You may also wish to check out our Parent Portal FAQ below:
STEP 1: Once the Parent Portal is launched, this email will be sent to the parents to invite them to enroll. If they'd like to enroll, they will click Confirm My Contact Info:
STEP 2: They will be taken to a page to enter an email and password for their free Parent Portal account.
The student accounts are connected automatically once the parent clicks the Confirm My Info button seen below:
NOTE 1: If they're an existing Bark account-holder, they don't need to create another Bark account. They can add the student account monitoring to their existing Bark account by logging in to bark.us and clicking the Confirm My Info link in the invitation email.
NOTE 2: If a parent with multiple children receives separate activation emails for each child, they do not need to create separate Parent Portal accounts. Once they've created an account with the first student/child, they can add their other children into that same account by clicking the Confirm My Info link in their invitation email for the other child. For help, they can reach out to us!
STEP 3: Now the parent will be able to access the dashboard for their child's student accounts, as seen in the image below.
Navigating their Parent Portal account:
Families can click on the top right drop-down arrow to manage their account. Below is a description of each option in the menu that appears.
- Review Issues: The parent can use the same type of filtering functions and is provided the same information on an issue as a school with one key exception: identifying information for all other students is scrubbed.
- Connect Child's Accounts: The parent can choose to add devices and/or social media accounts for monitoring in addition to the school-issued account. Parents that do this will be discounted 20% because they came from our district partner.
Add Child: A parent can add another child that may or may be in the in same school or district with Parent Portal.
If it's an additional student they'd like to add, they will need to scroll down to "Have school account login?" to connect those additional students/children (student credentials required).
- Check-ins: When monitoring a device, the Bark for Kids app on Android gives the option for a child to check in with the parent and provide their GPS location. This option provides the history of those check-ins.
- Protect School Accounts: This option includes tips on spreading the word about Bark for Schools.
- Alert Settings: Parents can enable alerts via text message and add other family-members to receive alerts here. There are several sliders to allow adjustment to alert severity as it relates to profanity, risky app use, weapons, and more.
- Account: They can change their parent name and update their email address here.
- Support: Here they can contact our technical support team. Our team is available to help parents set up and work through the challenges of protecting children in today's technological climate.
- Refer a Friend: Parents can share a link with friends to try Bark. If parents get enrollments this way, Bark will give that parent a $50 Amazon gift card.
Need additional help?
We have an incredible team behind the scenes here at Bark. For technical questions, we can be reached here. Our team is happy to help!