For background on how these settings could relate to the performance of the Bark for Kids app, see here.
Huawei has its own unique take on Android that it calls EMUI, so there may be some settings you can adjust to ensure Bark for Kids isn't affected by aggressive optimization.
- Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Power plan is set to Performance
- Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – check for Bark to be Protected
- Settings > Apps > Bark > Battery > Power-intensive prompt [x] and Keep running after screen off [x]
- Settings > Apps > Advanced (at the bottom) > Ignore optimizations > Tap Allowed > All apps > Find Bark on the list and set to Allow
Some Huawei models have a slightly different location for some settings:
Huawei P9 Plus:
- Settings > Apps > Settings > Special access > Ignore battery optimization > select Allow for Bark.
Huawei P20 and Huawei Honor 9 Lite:
- Settings > Battery > App launch and then set Bark app to “Manage manually” and make sure everything is turned on.