STEP 1: Visit your dashboard.
STEP 2: Scroll down and click "Add Account" for that child.
STEP 3: Choose what you'd like to connect.
You can always connect more accounts later! You also get an unlimited number of accounts you can connect with your Bark subscription, meaning you can add unlimited Gmails, unlimited Instagram accounts, and however many other accounts your child has for the platforms we monitor.
STEP 4: Get connected!
- To connect iOS, please see this guide.
- To connect Android, please see this guide.
- To connect Amazon devices, please see this guide.
- To connect a Chromebook, please see this guide.
- To connect a computer's Google Chrome web browsing, please see this guide.
- To connect social media or email, choose who is connecting the account.
- If you know your child's password, select Connect my child's account.
- If you want to talk to your child about connecting their accounts while allowing them to retain privacy over their passwords, choose Invite Your Child to Connect Accounts (in this example, Charlie) to send them a text message with connection instructions.
Got a Gmail that will not connect?
When it comes to monitoring Gmail accounts created for those under 13 years old, for some reason, Google can restrict any third-party connection, which includes Bark. You can see what birthday you've set for your child's Google account, inside of the Google account settings.
Got an iCloud email that will not connect?
You may have to enable two-factor authentication. Read more here!
Got a Yahoo or AOL email that will not connect?
You may have to enable a setting within the email account. Read more here!
STEP 5: Follow the prompts to grant Bark access to your child's account.
This is a fancy way of Google asking you if you are sure you want to let Bark monitor your child's Gmail. To connect the Gmail to Bark for monitoring, you will click Allow.
STEP 6: All done! You should now see the connected accounts on your dashboard.
Please allow for some time after the initial connection before you start receiving alerts.
If you need to remove an account from monitoring, check out this article.
Need additional assistance getting set up?
If you have any questions, please contact us!